Below is a description of the need and mission of the marching band uniform fundraising committee. If you are able to help, please contact Natalie Quelette (email@example.com) or Dave Blessing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Why we need uniforms
- Uniforms last 8 – 10 years.
- Our uniforms have been used at OLHS for 13 years and they were not purchased new.
- We strive for excellence on and off the field. Our appearance reflects that as well as school and community pride.
What are we trying to accomplish?
- We need to order 100 uniforms, shakos and accessories.
- Each uniform costs approx $500.00 for a total of $50,000.00
- We want to debut these new uniforms during the 2016-2017 school year. That means we only have 1 year to raise $50,000.00
- We have to pay for the uniforms this year. We will not be borrowing money or using credit.
What’s in it for you to help us?
- We are visible in the community. We will display your name/ logo in various places.
- OLHS has approximately 2,000 students – many of whom have parents that are part of the Powell community as leaders and possible customers.
- This is advertising for your business and a charitable act for your community.
- Even if you don’t have a teen ager in high school, these new uniforms will benefit many students in the next 10 years. A child that is in elementary school today will benefit from these uniforms as he/she reaches high school.
I have a limited budget – what can I do?
- Our Friend of the Band sponsor level is from $50.00 to $149.00.
- You will have your business name displayed on our sponsor page for OLHS parents to see.
- We appreciate all donations. A small donation will buy a part of a uniform.
I see that as a Band Member level (150.00) there is a poster included. Tell me more…
- You’ve seen these posters around town. It’s a great fundraiser for sports groups and bands.
- You will receive a poster to display at your business.
- The poster has a picture of the band with the 2015 football schedule. Your logo will be displayed around the picture.
- To make the deadline of football season, we will be printing the first edition of this poster the week of 8/17. Therefore, we need final logo submissions the week of 8/14. This should coincide with the first game on 8/28.
- IF we get more donations after that August deadline, we will do a second printing. Deadline TBD.
I see that you have many levels. I’m not sure what level I should give
- We appreciate any donation of any size.
- However, a $500.00 donation would buy one uniform. We really are striving to get a minimum of a $500.00 donation so that we know that donation buys at least one uniform.
- Think of donations in terms of how much of a uniform (or how many uniforms) you can buy for the band. A $1,000.00 donation will get 2 new uniforms. A $250.00 donation will buy ½ of a uniform.
How is the band truck used to advertise my business?
- We have 2 box trucks that we use to transport our equipment. Putting your logo on one of our trucks would be a great way to advertise. We will display your logo in a 12” x12” square at minimum on the side of the truck.
- A 12”x12” advertising square is our minimum size. That is the size of an album cover. Once we see how they will display on the truck, we may increase the size slightly.
- The trucks go to approximately 5 away games in the central Ohio area (last year we also went to a few playoff games too!) beginning in September.
- The trucks also go to Saturday band competitions all around Ohio.
- The trucks are also used for our indoor percussion / drumline competitions in the winter – thus stretching your advertising dollar into the winter and spring! Our last 2015 competition was in Cincinnati in April 2015!
- We plan to drive our truck with your logo behind the marching band as it performs in the Powell Memorial day parade in May of 2016.
- We are able to offer 2 sponsorship levels that will allow us to work with you to get your logo on the end tailgate of our box truck in a 4’ x 6’ size. Your logo will be the only one displayed on that part of the truck.
I am interested in donating as a family, not a business. How could that work?
- We are happy to work with a family that would like to leave a legacy (perhaps a child that has graduated and feels that his/her experience in OLHS band shaped them in a positive way) to honor a family or child. Similar to a “shout out” but in a larger way.
- We can put your family’s name on our sponsor page as a tribute.
- With a $150.00 donation we can put your family’s name (or message) on a poster to be displayed in prominent Powell locations.
- With a $1,000.00 donation we can put your family’s name on a banner to be displayed beside the home concession stand.
- We are happy to work with you to customize a tribute from your family. We can talk about other options.
How can I pay?
- We will accept checks written to OLMBA with Band Uniform written in the subject line.
- We are using Square to allow online payments. Square can be set up to process payments in 4 installments through the school year. http://mkt.com/libertymusicboosters
- We will provide you with a receipt that has our tax information showing that we are a nonprofit organization.
Will I get a receipt for tax purposes?
- Absolutely! We can provide one.
- We will wait until the money goes through.
- We will have someone from the board sign off on it.
$1,000 or $5,000 seems like a lot ….
- Remember, you are supporting your community – Powell as well as OHLS
- You are getting advertising. In the case of the $5,000 level, we will display your logo for 3 years. That is a lot longer than a TV station will air a commercial!
- You are making a charitable donation.
- You are directly benefiting your own children in many cases.